Skip to content


Registration & Enrollment

Registration for School Parent Letter 2019-2020

Create a temporary  account for New Student Enrollment

For those with no Skyward Family Access account, and you never attended a Jordan School District school.

Access an existing account for New Student Enrollment

If you have a Jordan School District Skyward Family Access account, or a temporary account has already been created.

Please Note: Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the following required forms to the school to complete the process (schools may require additional information):

Bus Stop Icon


Need to know what boundary school your student would attend?  Visit the Boundary Locator page.


Planning to enroll a child in a Jordan District school?

Here are a few things parents should know:

  • To enter kindergarten , children must be five years old on or before September 1.
  • When a student enrolls in Jordan School District, they are placed according to their age.  Jordan School District may honor an acceleration or retention with adequate documentation.
  • An original or a certified copy of a birth certificate is required for any child enrolling in Jordan School District.
  • Proof of immunization against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc.  is required. Visit the immunization requirements page for more information.
  • If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, a proof of vision screening for Amblyopia is required. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a preschool vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
  • Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
  • Students moving to Jordan School District will need a withdrawal form from their previous school of attendance, an original or certified birth certificate, immunization records, and copies of any academic records which could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will then send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled and records are requested.
  • If your child will not be living with a parent or legal guardian, authorization from Planning and Student Services is required to enroll.  Please call us at 801.567.8183 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
  • If your student is currently attending a Utah public charter school, they may be enrolled in their Jordan School District boundary school the following school year provided notice is given to the boundary school on or before June 30th. If an application for admission is submitted during the current school year or after June 30th, the student may be enrolled provided the school has adequate capacity in the student's grade level or required core classes (§53G-6-503).
  • Dual enrollment is for home school or private school students only.  Charter and online school students are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities or co-curricular classes at their Jordan District boundary school provided the activity/classes are not offered by the charter or online school, and provided they meet all other requirements as outlined in Utah Code §53G-6-702 and R277-494-3-5.

School Choice Permit

Those who wish to attend a school other than their resident boundary school may file a request for a School Choice Permit at the school they desire to attend.  Permit applications can be submitted online during three windows:

  • December (early enrollment) - Permit requests will be considered by category, priority and/or a lottery.
  • January 1st to the 3rd Friday in February - Permits requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • After the 3rd Friday in February - Permit requests will be considered based on staffing ratios.
  • To view the permit procedures, categories and priorities for school year 2020-21, CLICK HERE.

Once a permit is granted, there is no need to "re-apply" each year.  A permit remains in force until a student graduates (or moves to the next level, i.e. graduates from elementary to middle), the student is no longer a Utah resident, the student is expelled or suspended, or the District determines that enrollment has exceeded the allowed threshold for the school (at which time those affected would be notified.)

To apply for a 2020-21 School Choice Permit (next school year):

To apply for a 2019-20 School Choice Permit (current school year): 

For additional questions regarding out-of-boundary school attendance, or additional permit information, visit our Open Enrollment/School Choice page.

Registration Checklist ClipboardRelated links:

  • Boundary Locator Find boundaries, maps and bus stop location information for your school.
  • Comprehensive School Counseling Program Strives to help every student graduate high school with the skills and knowledge essential for success.
  • Course Catalog Provides information to assist students in selecting classes for secondary school.
  • Credit Guidelines Gives an overview of course credits that accrue toward graduation.
  • Dual Language Immersion Programs An educational approach in which students are taught curriculum content in a second language.
  • Fee Schedule A general breakdown of fees that elementary, middle, and high school students may pay.
  • Fee Waiver Guidelines Information and application forms provided by the Utah State Board of Education.
  • Graduation Requirements Identifies the minimum courses and credits needed for a student to graduate from high school.
  • Immunization Requirements Outlines the immunization requirements needed for enrollment in Jordan School District.
  • Kindergarten Registration Information concerning how to register your student for kindergarten, age requirements and when register.
  • Online Classes for Grades 7-12 A program which allows high school students to register for online classes each semester.
  • Special Education Services, programs and curriculum alternatives for student who need specialized instruction.
  • Transportation Answers to your busing needs, such as eligibility, late buses and bus stop times.