The Junior Achievement elementary school program has provided some at-home activities for families to use over the summer break. Click on the links below to see the short videos and at-home activities.
Check out the videos from our Teacher Parade we had on May 8th, 2020!
Teacher's Virtual Parade
Hayden Peak Families,
You may now schedule your Chromebook return and pick-up of student materials using your Skyward access. You will schedule your return the same way you schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences. Attached to this email are instructions to help with that process.
You will have two options for scheduling your return appointment.
Option 1: If you want to see your teacher at the drop-off, click on Select a Time in the Teacher Conferences section. If you have more than one student you will need to sign-up for each student individually to schedule the Chromebook return appointment.
Option 2: Family Chromebook Return - If you would like to come and return all Chromebooks for your family in one appointment, Select a Time under the Staff Conferences section. Select your time and enter only one of your student's names for the appointment.
Drive-By Check-In and Pick-Up Schedule
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
8:00 am – 11:00 am 1st Grade
Noon – 3:00 pm 2nd Grade
8:00 am – 1:00 pm Kindergarten (Frampton)
Thursday, June 4, 2020
8:00 am – 11:00 am 3rd Grade
Noon – 3:00 pm 4th Grade
Friday, June 5, 2020
8:00 am – 11:00 am 5th Grade
Noon – 3:00 pm 6th Grade
8:00 am – 1:00 pm Kindergarten (Newman)
Monday, June 8, 2020
8:00 am – 11:00 am All grades – No teachers will be there
Noon – 3:00 pm All grades – No teachers will be there
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
8:00 am – Noon All grades – No teachers will be there
If you need help scheduling an appointment, you may call the school from 8am until 1pm each day and we will be glad to help you with this.
Thank you so much for all your hard work and support over the last few months while we have been participating in online learning. Thank you for supporting your children, your teachers and our school. We miss you all so much! Here is important information for the end of our school year.
Miss Fisher, Principal
Mrs. Ford, Assistant Principal
Create weekly family activity night! Make it special by including something new or changing up the usual routine. Family activities are a great way to keep positive and socialize. These can be something to look forward to and plan for each week. Vote or take turns choosing the activity!
- Family walk or hike. Go somewhere new and take photos/sketch your favorite plants/animals.
- Mystery dinner night. Everyone is in charge of making a secret dish for dinner.
- Art night. Create a still life in the living room and everyone draws it at the same time.
- Board game night. Try out a new board game or change up a rule to make it different.
- Movie night. Decorate the house and make snacks to go with the theme of the movie.
- Video game night. Create a family tournament bracket and include other friends with Zoom.
- Fashion show. Pick a theme and everyone in the family can walk the runway with their crazy or cool outfits.
- Exercise together. Plan a night where the whole family does yoga, Zumba, or learn a TikTok dance.
- Baking day. Make a dessert or bread that you’ve never made before.
- Give back. Create postcards or letters for those that you love and cannot see right now.
- Make up your own!
Important Parent Information
1. Our Parade - The parade will travel within school boundaries and will not enter dead end streets or circles. We have placed a link to our boundary map on our school website main page. We expect the parade to take 1 ½ - 2 hours to complete. We will start at Hayden Peak and go to the neighborhoods in the northern part of our school boundaries. We will then head south back towards New Bingham Hwy and the neighborhoods in those areas. From there we will travel to the neighborhoods south of the school, followed by the neighborhoods in the west of our boundaries. If you live outside of our boundaries, we will drive through the church parking lots located at 8176 S. 5140 W. and at 5156 W. Clay Hollow Avenue as an option for those who live outside of the boundaries and would like to park and wave at us.
2. Teachers - Unfortunately not all of our teachers will be able to participate in the parade. Teachers should be letting their students know if they will not be able to attend.
3. Police Department - The West Jordan City Police Department will be joining us and leading us in our parade. They will clear paths for our parade so we can keep it running as smoothly as possible. Thank you to them!!!! Listen for their sirens announcing our arrival in your area!
To stay safe please:
• Avoid congregating in groups
• Stay on porches, lawns, or balconies
• Remember to social distance and wear a mask when appropriate
You may want to:
• Hold up signs, wave, clap, yell, or dance to say hello
• Dress up or wear pajamas
Share your spirit in your class Zoom meeting or on our school social media pages.
Follow us on and share your photos on our school Facebook & Instagram
#haydenpeakhawks #haydenpeakelementary #haydenpeakspirit
MONDAY - Wear your school spirit
TUESDAY - Wear your favorite hat
WEDNESDAY - Create a kindness message in chalk
THURSDAY - Inside Out day - wear your clothes inside out
FRIDAY - Take a picture with your favorite book
I hope that everyone has started to adjust to the new and temporary changes in our lives. This is a stressful and challenging time for all of us but there’s also room for growth. Hayden Peak now has a Health & Wellness webpage for families and students to use for their own personal health and wellness!
Our district’s Health and Wellness page has compiled a list of resources and ideas to use during this difficult and stressful time. I have included some of resources on our webpage but please access their page for more information. Hayden Peak’s page will be updated every week with additional ideas and activities for your family to use at home, so keep checking in!
Additionally, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions or would like an online counseling session for your child.
Governor Gary Herbert announced today that the school dismissal for all Utah schools will be extended for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This means Jordan School District schools will not be in session for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Student learning will continue at home for all students through the end of the school year.
More information regarding the extended dismissal and alternate plans for graduation and other end-of-year activities will be forthcoming.
Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch will continue at current sites through the end of the school year.
Thank you for your continued support.