Hayden Peak Elementary is a 7 Habits school. We believe that a focus on helping students identify and utilize their own leadership abilities helps them function well at school and in other aspects of their life. Some ways students may demonstrate their personal leadership is listed below.
Click on this link for a printable copy of the Code of Conduct: Code of Conduct 18-19
Hayden Peak Students are Proactive by….
- Arriving at school by 8:25 and being ready to start promptly at 8:30
- Obeying school rules and showing courtesy to others.
- Cleaning up an area before leaving (classroom, gym, lunchroom)
Hayden Peak Students Begin with the End in Mind by….
- Doing their best work.
- Attending school every day.
- Dressing appropriately for school.
Hayden Peak Students Put First Things First by….
- Turning in assignments on time.
- Having good attendance.
- Setting time aside for homework and completing it on time.
Hayden Peak Students Think Win-Win by….
- Seeking to solve conflicts by looking for good solutions to problems.
- Taking care of the school building and equipment inside the building.
- Taking care of textbooks and other school materials.
Hayden Peak Students Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood by….
- Listening to the ideas of others.
- Talking positively to staff, visitors, and other students.
- Showing in action that another’s perspective is understood.
Hayden Peak Students Synergize by….
- Working together with adults and other students to learn and grow.
- Playing cooperatively at recess and during other group activities.
- Participating and sharing ideas.
Hayden Peak Students Sharpen the Saw by….
- Being active in P.E. and during recess.
- Pursuing and developing talents and abilities in and out of school.
- Finding meaningful ways to help others at school and in our community.