We are excited to let you know that Hayden Peak Elementary has been selected for a full-day kindergarten class for the 2023-2024 school year! The students in this class will follow the same 8:25 am-3:05 pm schedule as students in grades 1-6. Please review the letter below for more details about this exciting change to our Kindergarten program at Hayden Peak!
Kindergarten registration is open now.
It is important that we obtain an accurate list of all children qualifying for kindergarten in the Jordan School District for the 2023-2024 school year. If you have a child that will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2023, the child qualifies for next year’s kindergarten program. State law requires that all school districts in Utah abide by the same September 1st entrance cut-off date. You will be required, before school starts, to bring the child’s immunization record and a certified birth certificate (not a photocopy).
All new kindergarten registrations will be done online. If you do not have access to a computer at home, please come to the school office. We have one available for you to use. Please use the links at the top of this page to begin the online registration.
Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the following required forms to the school to complete the process (schools may require additional information):
- Parent/legal custodial guardian's picture identification (drivers license, state agency picture identification, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (Grades 9-12)
- Proof of Residency Model Procedures - English/Spanish (Opens in a new window)
If you know of a neighbor that has a qualifying kindergarten child, please share this information with them and encourage them to register their child online.
Beginning of the Year Assessments - August 22nd through August 29th
To complete your student's registration, please bring the following documents to the Beginning of the year Assessments that will be held in August.
- Original or certified copy of the student's birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- Proof of Immunization - Click to view Requirements
- Documents required for Proof of Residency
- Proof of Guardianship
- custodial parent/guardian picture ID
- A proof of vision screening for amblyopia is required if your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a preschool vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
First Day of Kindergarten 2023/24
August 30th, 2023
Please complete the Online Registration and Enrollment as soon as possible.
You may enroll your new student(s) in a Jordan School District school by using our online student enrollment portal called "Skyward Family Access".
April 7th - Kindergarten Orientation
An informational kindergarten orientation meeting for you and your child will be held on Friday, April 7th at 2:00 p.m. in our gym. At this meeting you will receive, among other things, health forms and an immunization form for your doctor to complete.
May 5, 12, 19 and 26th.- Pre-K Screening - By Appointment
All Kindergarten screenings previously scheduled for this coming May are canceled and new appointments need to be made. With the opportunity to offer a full time kindergarten class coming to us so late in the year we need to reconfigure our previous pre-screening schedule.
All incoming kindergarteners will be given the PEEP exit exam. This will serve not only as the Assessment for entry into Full Time K but also as the Pre-screener for those students going into halftime classes.
Please use the link below to schedule the screening for your student. Pre-screening/testing will take place on the four Friday’s in May. May 5, 12, 19 and 26th.
AM/PM or Full-Day Class Requests
Complete this form to request the AM, PM, or Full-Day class for your student.
AM or PM Assignments will be mailed out after the screening appointments are completed, usually by the end of June.