August 2016 Principal Newsletter
School is back in session! Did the summer just seem to fly for you too? We are so excited to have our students and teachers back in the building. It gets kind of lonely when our favorite people are not at Hayden Peak.
We have had some changes over the summer. Change can be hard for people, but they can be very good too. This year we are pleased to welcome the following teachers to Hayden Peak Elementary.
- Sierra Brooke is teaching Kindergarten.
- Regan Stowell will be teaching 3rd
- Lisa Martin will also be teaching 3rd
- Amanda Frandsen is teaching 5th
- Emily Machin is teaching 6th
- Cindy Smith is also teaching 6th
Along with our new teachers, we had some teachers who wanted to embark on a new adventure and have changed grades. We are happy they are still here.
- Cherie Lawson will be teaching 2nd grade this year.
- Kristen Jarman will be teaching 3rd
- Sarah Roberts will be teaching 3rd
- Lani Vigil is going to teach 4th
- Stefanie Walker is going to teach 5th
- Sharra Palmer will also be teaching 5th
- Debra Banning will be teaching 6th
We are excited for the changes we have made. We have a fantastic faculty at Hayden Peak and can’t wait for you to get to know them. We also have a marvelous support staff! We couldn’t do it without them.
This year at Hayden Peak we will continue some of the things we started last year. We will have our art teacher, music, P.E., computer, and media assistants, as well as assistants to teach Meet the Masters. We saw success last year with Assessment to Achievement and can’t wait to continue to improve our strategies, teaching and learning.
Remember that Hayden Peak is a 7 Habits school. We embrace the 7 Habits and find ways to incorporate them into our daily lives. The seven habits are: Be proactive, Begin with the end in mind, Put first things first, Think win-win, Seek to understand and then to be understood, Synergize and Sharpen the saw. We believe these are life skills that help students find success. What ways do you use the 7 Habits in your families?
We can’t wait to get into the swing of school. Please remember that instruction begins at 8:30, students are brought in at 8:25 and when students are late they miss important information. Please be to school on time!
Again WELCOME BACK!!! It’s going to be a great year and we can’t wait to get going!
David Butler Amy Adams
Principal Assistant Principal