Important Parent Information
1. Our Parade - The parade will travel within school boundaries and will not enter dead end streets or circles. We have placed a link to our boundary map on our school website main page. We expect the parade to take 1 ½ - 2 hours to complete. We will start at Hayden Peak and go to the neighborhoods in the northern part of our school boundaries. We will then head south back towards New Bingham Hwy and the neighborhoods in those areas. From there we will travel to the neighborhoods south of the school, followed by the neighborhoods in the west of our boundaries. If you live outside of our boundaries, we will drive through the church parking lots located at 8176 S. 5140 W. and at 5156 W. Clay Hollow Avenue as an option for those who live outside of the boundaries and would like to park and wave at us.
2. Teachers - Unfortunately not all of our teachers will be able to participate in the parade. Teachers should be letting their students know if they will not be able to attend.
3. Police Department - The West Jordan City Police Department will be joining us and leading us in our parade. They will clear paths for our parade so we can keep it running as smoothly as possible. Thank you to them!!!! Listen for their sirens announcing our arrival in your area!
To stay safe please:
• Avoid congregating in groups
• Stay on porches, lawns, or balconies
• Remember to social distance and wear a mask when appropriate
You may want to:
• Hold up signs, wave, clap, yell, or dance to say hello
• Dress up or wear pajamas
Teacher Parade Flyer
Share your spirit in your class Zoom meeting or on our school social media pages.
Follow us on and share your photos on our school Facebook & Instagram
#haydenpeakhawks #haydenpeakelementary #haydenpeakspirit
MONDAY - Wear your school spirit
TUESDAY - Wear your favorite hat
WEDNESDAY - Create a kindness message in chalk
THURSDAY - Inside Out day - wear your clothes inside out
FRIDAY - Take a picture with your favorite book
2020 Spring Spirit Week
I hope that everyone has started to adjust to the new and temporary changes in our lives. This is a stressful and challenging time for all of us but there’s also room for growth. Hayden Peak now has a Health & Wellness webpage for families and students to use for their own personal health and wellness!
Our district’s Health and Wellness page has compiled a list of resources and ideas to use during this difficult and stressful time. I have included some of resources on our webpage but please access their page for more information. Hayden Peak’s page will be updated every week with additional ideas and activities for your family to use at home, so keep checking in!
Additionally, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions or would like an online counseling session for your child.
Health & Wellness at Hayden Peak
Health & Wellness Resources at jordandistrict.org
Governor Gary Herbert announced today that the school dismissal for all Utah schools will be extended for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This means Jordan School District schools will not be in session for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Student learning will continue at home for all students through the end of the school year.
More information regarding the extended dismissal and alternate plans for graduation and other end-of-year activities will be forthcoming.
Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch will continue at current sites through the end of the school year.
Thank you for your continued support.