No school on January 21st in observance ofMartin Luther King Jr. Day.
She has a passion for teaching, inspiring students to succeed every day and Cindy Smith says she loves every minute of her time in the classroom. Now this dedicated 6th grade teacher at Hayden Peak Elementary School is being recognized along with other outstanding teachers around the state.
Mrs. Smith has been selected as a recipient of the KSL News Radio Zions Bank Teacher Feature, which awards the best and brightest educators in Utah. Hayden Peak Principal, David Butler, says Mrs. Smith was nominated because she has a gift for teaching and will stop at nothing to make sure her students succeed. Mrs. Smith is known for her hard work on behalf of students and staying after school tutoring whenever needed. This devoted educator, who is also the mother of nine children, says her classroom is like family and there is no place she’d rather be than helping students achieve.
Congratulations, Mrs. Smith! Keep up the great work in education.
TIME TO TURN IN BOX TOPS!
- NO EXPIRED BOX TOPS
- Cut them out. Make sure the expiration date is legible.
- Please put box tops in an envelope or bag. They should be sorted into groups of 10 or 50.
- Please put your teacher’s name and the total number of box tops on the outside of the envelope or bag.
- Turn in to your teacher or the box by the office.
School Goal = 19,600 Box Tops
The class that turns in the most total box tops by that date wins a pizza party. If we reach our school goal, an additional class will win a different prize.
Grade Transmittal Day - No School on Monday, January 14th.
It is important that we obtain an accurate list of all children qualifying for kindergarten in the Jordan School District for the 2019-2020 school year. If you have a child that will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2019, the child qualifies for next year’s kindergarten program. State law requires that all school districts in Utah abide by the same September 1st entrance cut-off date. You will be required, before school starts, to bring the child’s immunization record and an original certified birth certificate (not a photocopy) to the school.
Enrollment will begin online on Monday, January 7, 2019.
- Please log on to planning.jordandistrict.org/enrollment and scroll down to “New Student Enrollment”.
- Choose either “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment” if you are new to the district, or “New Student Enrollment” if you already have a Skyward account.
- Fill out the enrollment information. Please enter the child’s full name as it appears on the birth certificate.
- After “Step #4”, be sure to submit the application.
In order to get a preliminary count for the new school year we ask that you please complete the information online by Friday, January 18, 2019.
An informational kindergarten orientation meeting for parents and prospective kindergarten students will be held on Friday, March 22, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. in our gym. At this meeting you will receive, among other things, health forms and an immunization form for your doctor to complete.
If you know of a neighbor that has a qualifying kindergarten child, please share this information with them and encourage them to log on and register their kindergarten child.
PTA Board Meeting will be held on January 8th at 8:45am.
Wear your favorite, warm, comfy pajamas to school on Friday, Dec. 21st
Winter Recess begins on December 24th and goes until January 1st, 2019. School will resume on January 2nd, 2019