Dear Parents and Guardians,
Due to COVID-19 and attempts to decrease the possible spread of the virus, the Utah Department of Health has recommended that mass vision screenings be suspended for the health and safety concerns related to COVID-19 for the 2020-2021 school year. Parents are encouraged to take their child to their physician for a thorough eye screening. Students who are in special ed., getting a new special ed. evaluation, or a re-evaluation will be screened using appropriate distancing guidelines. Parents and teachers may contact their school nurse to request a vision screening on all other students that they may have a concern about.
Students will be given a green ribbon to tie on the fence during the week to help remind us all to be safe. please have a discussion with your student about how to stay safe. The following are a few important safety rules.
- Cross streets at crosswalks and use traffic signals.
- Look left, right, and left again before crossing the road.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible when no sidewalk is available.
- Do not play in the street or in parking lots.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Always ask an adult for permission when going somewhere.
- It's always safe to have a buddy with you.
- Never go anywhere with a stranger.
- Use a seatbelt on every ride.
To support of Safety Week at Hayden Peak wear the following:
Monday - School Spirit Day: Wear gray, navy blue, or your Hayden Peak Hawks shirt/sweatshirt
Tuesday - Wear your favorite Disney shirt or Mickey Ears
Wednesday - Sports Day: Wear your favorite jersey
Thursday - Pajama Day
There is no school on Monday, Sept. 7th for Labor Day.
Hayden Peak Elementary is seeking parent representatives for the School Community Council for 2020-2021. Applications are due September 4, 2020.
The council meets a minimum of 4 times each year and consists of parents and school staff. The School Community Council provides support and input to the school principal about issues of interest to the community and about the School Land Trust Fund budget. Applications will be emailed home on August 27th and are due by Friday, September 4, 2020. They can also be picked up in the main office. If an election is needed, ballots will be available the week of September 7-10, 2020. The first meeting will be held at Hayden Peak on Friday,
September 11, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. over Zoom.