Gov. Gary R. Herbert, State Superintendent Syd Dickson, and Acting Commissioner of Technical Education Jared Haines announced today that Utah’s K-12 public schools will extend their dismissal through Friday, May 1st, and that Utah’s technical colleges will suspend teaching from Monday, March 30 until Friday, May 1. These entities will continue to evaluate the situation to make a determination about the remaining school year.
El gobernador Gary R. Herbert, el superintendente estatal Syd Dickson, y el comisionado interino de Educación Técnica Jared Haines anunciaron hoy que las escuelas públicas K-12 de Utah extenderán su despido hasta el viernes 1 de mayo, y que las universidades técnicas de Utah suspenderán la enseñanza desde el lunes, 30 de marzo hasta el viernes 1 de mayo. Estas entidades continuarán evaluando la situación para tomar una determinación sobre el año escolar restante.
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Dear Hayden Peak Parents,
As you know, the Governor announced on Friday that all public schools in Utah will be dismissed beginning Monday, March 16, for a period of two weeks. This is a pre-emptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). This means that Hayden Peak, along with all schools in Jordan School District, will not be in session and no students will attend in person from March 16 – 29, 2020.
It is important for parents to know the following:
**AT- HOME LEARNING WILL BEGIN ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, 2020 **
- Hayden Peak’s monthly attendance incentives will be suspended for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Breakfast and lunch will continue to be available, for pick-up only, starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- Students should enter the lunchroom through the lunchroom door. This is the same door they use for breakfast or to exit to the playground each day after lunch. Important Note: Students will take their lunch home as we are practicing social distancing. They cannot stay and play on the playground or fields as there will be no supervision outside.
Pick-Up Breakfast times: 7:30 am – 9:00 am
Pick-Up Lunch times: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Student Learning Will Continue at Home
- Teacher Preparation - Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 will be used as planning days for teachers and staff and staff to further prepare for at-home learning. At home learning will begin on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- What will learning look like? Teachers will be contacting students and families to let them know what learning will look like for their students while school is not in session. Learning can come in many ways including online learning, emailing assignments, providing class materials that can be picked up from school at arranged times, emailing packet to students, using software programs, etc.
Internet Access and Access to an Electronic Device
- For students who do not have access to a device at home, a parent may come in and check-out an electronic device from the school.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm.
8:00 am – 10:00 am Last names starting with A-J
10:00 am – 12:30 pm Last names starting with K-O
12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Last names starting with P-Z
**If this schedule does not work for you come whenever you can. If you need to come another day please call the office and we would be happy to make other arrangements.
- Limited number of devices – Please be aware that if we do not have enough devices, we may need to limit the number of devices that can be checked-out to one per family.
- Faster Process - To make the process faster, you can download and print the JSD-Chromebook User Agreement and bring the completed form with you to school.
- For those families without Internet access, please call the school at 801-280-0722.
If you have questions or concerns, please call the office at 801-280-0722 during regular school hours. Thank you in advance for all your patience as we work through this new process together. Please let your students know how much we will miss them while we are apart from each other. I know that with all of the amazing students, parents, teachers and staff that we have here at Hayden Peak, this will turn out to be a grand adventure we will have together!
Jennifer Fisher, Principal
Cathy Ford, Assistant Principal
Kindergarten Orientation that was scheduled for March 20th has been postponed. We will notify parents of the new date for orientation once it has been scheduled.
Kindergarten Orientation has been moved from the 27th of March to Friday, March 20th.
Reading Buddies has been cancelled for Wednesday, March 11, 2020 due to Parent-Teacher conferences.